Effiproz Licencing

Jul 14, 2010 at 8:21 AM
Hello , I am a bit confused about effiproz. Is it an Open Source and Free Project? I see another website that develops a product of the same name but is for sale. Secondly is about the maturity of this release at codeplex and if it is still a live project or a dead one as there doesn't seem to be any updates since 2009. Thanks.
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Commercial version is derived from this Open Source version. Open Source version is licensed under MS-PL.

Project is not dead but we are in short of resources to have frequent updates. Do you like to contribute to this project? We in need of development help as well as help with documentation.

Jul 27, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Very Good.

This is a very interesting project. But I can seen that it is not well advertized as compared to projects like VistaDB. I am always searching on the web to find a pure .NET RDBMS it just lately that I came to realise that Effiproze is there. I think what is needed is a client tool for managing database objects more than any thing.

Please lets make every body in the .NET platform know that we have this treasure and many people will give their hand.

Thanks.