CF version, error in script file line: 8 unexpected token: ISOLATION

Apr 17, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Hi!

I'm in need of some urgent pointers, have to have some working code up and running by the end of the week ;)

Set up is as follows, WinCE 5 devices, .net CF 2.0 and file based db. The current packaged cf 1.0 breaks on connection open and doesn't work becuase of my collation needs. So I tried some of the changesets. First I tried 54964 and fixed the compilation errors and then I tried 52621 (as recomended in another thread) but I get the same error. What changeset should I use for the most stable and working file based method?

Thanks in advance, very grateful for any quick pointers!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Just using the simple test (tried most variations with target platform and .net cf versions):

string sql = "DROP TABLE TEST IF EXISTS; CREATE TABLE TEST(ID INT, NAME VARCHAR(30));";
EfzConnection conn = new EfzConnection("Connection Type=File ; Initial Catalog=/temp/effidb; User=sa; Password=;");
EfzCommand command = conn.CreateCommand();
command.CommandText = sql;
conn.Open();

Throws the exception below on the open  (tried with \\temp\\effidb to), using memory based db everything works like a dream.

System.Data.EffiProz.EfzException was unhandled
  Message="error in script file  line: 8 unexpected token: ISOLATION"
  ErrorCode=-2147467259
  StackTrace:
    på System.Data.EffiProz.EfzConnectionProxy.Open()
    på System.Data.EffiProz.EfzConnection.Open()
    på TestDevice.Form1.menuItem1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    på System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    på System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc(Control ctlThis, WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
    på System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
    på System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
    på Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
    på System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
    på TestDevice.Program.Main()

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2010 at 4:52 PM
Edited Apr 17, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Hi,

What do you mean by "current packaged cf 1.0 breaks on connection open”?

Does this error happen even when you delete all files and start fresh? (I mean ... did you delete all db files created by 1.0)

-thanks 

Apr 17, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Impressed by the response evertime Igoobone :)

I meant the http://effiproz.codeplex.com/releases/view/42650 Title EffiProz CF1.0 release:42650.

Yes actually I've only started fresh, haven't tried using a db created with the above referenced link (the above I can only get working if my calling app is in .net cf 3.5). I'll try with an existing and get back :)

Br, Charlie

Apr 17, 2010 at 6:23 PM
Edited Apr 17, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Igloobone, I'm so sorry. I've tested so many times and many variations.. just made a clean attempt with 52621 and got

System.ArgumentException was unhandled
  Message="ArgumentException\r\nParameter name: exitContext"
  StackTrace:
    på System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)
    på EffiProz.Core.Lib.EfzTimer.TaskQueue.park(Int64 timeout)
    på EffiProz.Core.Lib.EfzTimer.nextTask()
    på EffiProz.Core.Lib.EfzTimer.run()

Then I remebered your post about the WaitOne suggestion

So I set line 1008 in EfzTimer.cs  autoResetEvent.WaitOne((int)(timeout / TimeSpan.TicksPerMillisecond),false);  to false instead of true and wow it worked! Yaaaay, file based and current culture working if I compile it with .net CF 3.5. Now I will see if I can get it working with .net CF 2.0 :)

Again, thank you for the quick response. Could you please recomend what changeset that would be the best (and working with .net CF 2)?

EDIT: Yikes, there's a lot of .net cf 3.5 stuff in there. What's your strategy? For my current project I can only use 2.0.. is 2.0 possible Effiproz CF (Effiproz CF 1.0 provider dll is?!)

BR

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2010 at 10:03 AM

BR,

We have no plans to make a .NET CF 2.0 release. You can start from change set 52621 and get rid of 3.5 stuff.

In Effiproz-CF 1.0, provider dll and core dll are ILMerged to a single dll.

-thanks